Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

How I Recycled My iPhone Through Cash for iPhones


I’m a self-confessed geek and a member of the school’s Tree Huggers Club.

Since I was 10, my father taught me how to conserve, reuse and recycle things. We actually have a compost pit in our backyard where my mom puts all the leftover food and biodegradable trash at the end of the day. We shovel some dirt in it every day too and when the compost hole is full, we fill it with more dirt and let it decompose for quite a while and then plant a tree in it. We made a tree house out of scrap woods and my brother and I call it our special spot.

So it’s not very surprising that someone like me would want to recycle old stuff like my old iPhone. My father bought me an iPhone 2G when I topped my SATs. Unfortunately, it got wet while we were swimming one day and I tried to open it but it didn’t work. I tried going to the Apple store to have it checked but they said it was a basket case. The Apple experts said that opening your iPhone after getting it wet would break the circuits and electrical stuff inside which is why it didn’t work anymore.


 

So since my iPhone wasn’t working, I decided to either recycle or sell my iPhone. The problem was that no one wanted to buy a broken down and waterlogged iPhone. Apple has a buyback program and they offer GCs for my iPhone that I could use at the iTunes or the App Store but I already had an Android smartphone and getting an iTunes GC would be pointless for me.

Instead of pushing my luck on eBay or Craigslist, I decided that the best way to get rid of it was to sell iPhone through recycling companies. But recycling companies are quite rare in our area and I was a bit hesitant to do recycling online. But then I found this Cash for iPhone review and I got hooked so bad that I instantly wanted to try out their services.

The great thing about Cash for iPhones is that their services are totally free. They don’t charge a dime for your iPhone and they’ll even give you cash for an iPhone that got wet! They also buy broken iPhones. A friend of mine also decided to sell iPhone at Cash for iPhones and hers was a mess of glass shards. But she still got about twenty bucks for it!

How it works!

Another good thing about this website is that their procedure is totally easy to do. They give you three easy steps for the online transaction and also offer a free box and shipping label for your iPhone. Though there were some questions in my mind back then like “Is Cash for iPhones legit?" I was able to get over my fear and finally ship my iPhone to them and get fifty bucks from it! That’s quite a lot of money for a very, very old iPhone model that got wet!

No comments:

Post a Comment